We have been making slime for such a long time but I have never blogged about it for a couple of reasons. 1: everyone else was doing it & 2: borax!!! We have tried so many methods to make slime including contact lens solution, liquid starch, laundry detergent, etc, but none of them made a good quality slime that would last more than a day. Borax seemed to be the only way to get a really good quality slime. In the end we found ELMERS MAGICAL LIQUID and despite being a bit pricey, it worked really well.
Anyway, that being said and after quite a few people asking, here is our slime recipe and supply list…
- Cheap Mixing Bowl
- Something to mix with that you don’t use for food, (we have cheap spoons in our science box, but thick lollipop sticks will work too)
- Measuring Cups
- Spray Bottle (optional, but we find that it adds the activator in more manageable amounts)
- PVA Glue (we have more success with the white glue)
- Shaving Foam
- Gel Food Colouring
- ELMERS Magical Liquid, (or borax powder)
- Any mix-ins that you might like
We start off by measuring 1/2 cup PVA glue and 1/2 cup shaving foam and mixing them together in the bowl. We then add our gel food colouring and mix until we get the colour that we like, (you only need a few drops to get a vibrant colour). We then add the activator to a spray bottle and start adding 3 or 4 pumps at a time until the slime comes away from the side of the bowl.
Should you wish to make a borax solution, (I would recommend an adult do this part), we mix:
- 1 tsp borax powder
- 1 cup/250ml hot tap water
We mix until the powder has dissolved and then transfer to a spray bottle.
Here are a few pictures of slimes that we have made…
I hope this helps all those that have been asking.
Happy sliming everyone! 🙂